Thursday, April 28, 2005

Poll: sleep & socks & feet

Ok, I was thinking about this last night trying to get to sleep. I was uber hot, so I stuck my feet out of the covers like I always do when I'm hot. My dad does this too. It drives mom crazy when dad does it, although I don't really understand why...something about the sheets. ANYWAY, so that got me to thinking of 2 questions for you all:

#1 - When you are hot, do you stick your feet out of the covers? If not, what do you do?

#2 - Do you sleep with socks or without?

I sleep without socks. I can't stand having socks on my feet when sleeping, besides the fact that they make me hot, and then sticking them out of the covers wouldn't help b/c they'd be covered! ack. The only time I slept with socks on my feet (read 2-3 pairs) was in Japan when my bedroom was between 30-40 degrees F at night. Of course added to the 2-3 pairs of socks was long underwear (top and bottom), uber warm pants. at least one tshirt. one long sleeved shirt. one sweatshirt with hood pulled up. one down vest. gloves. all the covers piled on top, with me curled into a ball. A hat. that was when I truly understood the old wive's tale (which is TRUE give certain circumstances!) that if you go to sleep with your hair wet, you'll get sick...not to mention frozen, broken hair.

Oh! I just thought of another question

#3 - do you pull the covers up under your chin, or do you have them down around your armpits, or elsewhere?

This caused a lot of problems with one of my ex's. I pull them up to my chin. He tucked them under his armpits. I finally compromised and pulled them down to his level. But I got him back and stuck my ice-cold feet against his legs :)

Cheers,
Isabo

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com