Tuesday, April 26, 2005

tv, movies & spitting

So, I watched Lucy Lawless in the tv movie, "The Locusts" and it was uber weird. I started halfway through and am sorta glad I did. I was laughing hysterically, but I don't know if that was because I was uber drugged or if it was just that cheesy. It just felt wrong seeing her out of her xena clothes though. and it was funny, for a while she was sorta bouncing while she walked, and I was thinking it was because she didn't have the weight of her armor, lol. And her hair-do's didn't always make her look the best, but she was still one hot lady. The other characters were all a complete joke, well, hers was too, but I like her so I'm not gonna say bad things about her, mwuahahahaha :)

Saw The Interpreter and I really liked it. I don't always like Nicole Kidman, but daaaaaamn she was awesome in this. I really really liked it, like when I was walking out I was thinking "hmm, I want to see that again!" The ending was interesting for me, because on the one hand I would have been disappointed to see one thing happen, and I would have been happy to see another thing, and I would have felt content with another. I don't want to give anything away, just my confused mind wanting more than one thing :)

Now, onto SPITTING. Why do men/boys have to spit everywhere? Is it some macho marking territory thing since they can't very well pull their pants down and piss like dogs? Is the male race full of phlegm? Can they not swallow? Will someone PLEASE explain this to me? I find it disgusting and rude. Do you see ladies hock a loogie before entering a store? I don't. The only time I can understand and accept spitting is in sports. It is necessary in sports, and I find it acceptable to spit in the grass and run on. It is necessary because your mouth gets so dry (that sounds stupid, you can't spit if your mouth is dry, I know, but jocks will understand). Of course I think it's nasty in indoor sports, like basketball. Yes, I realize that's hypocritcal, but if you're outside, in a sports area, with lots of mud and grass and sweat and blood, what's a little spit?

anyway, can anyone explain the connection between the male race and spitting? I can say that I've been tempted to spit ON a guy when he spits, especially if he spits and it flies in the wind towards me, or splatters on my feet. I've also perfected the evil eye. My looks CAN kill if they have to! mwauahaha *cough* *SPIT*

Cheers
Isabo

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com