Tuesday, January 18, 2005

More Odd Bird Behavior

This is random, I know, but I keep noticing it, and it's sorta funny. I don't konw if it's just birds here or birds everywhere, I've never noticed it anywhere else...but then again there's not this huuuuuuge population of birds everywhere. Anyway, about 98% of the time, when I see a group of birds sitting on powerlines, in trees, on buildings, fences, wherever...they are all facing the exact same direction. Not just generally fasting East or whatever, but they're facing East to 63 degrees. It's sort of cute in a way. Especially when you have this huge amount of birds all looking one way, then there's these 2 random birdies facing the opposite direction. I wonder how they all decide which direction to look. Follow the lead bird? sunrays? air currents?

Actually...wow, that's sort of odd. I just realized, on my drive home (about a 15 minute drive). I was following one road, generally in the same direction, and all the bird groups I saw were all facing the same direction...even if the groups were separated by a few miles. Hmm, I wonder if it's a species thing. Innate ability to face towards point A. Yea, anyway, I'm random.

~Birds on the brain

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com