Saturday, April 02, 2005

birds & backs

So, I went to the park today, with the intent to walk. Actually I drove by 2 parks, all overrun by soccer players. So I went to the old hood, threw the mexican gang neighborhoods, which still seemed to be in force, then over a few more streets to the "safe" area, where there is an old park by our old house. You know you're on the East side when you can't read the park's name on the wooden park sign.

so anyway, I get out and happen to look up, and this gorgeous purely white bird flaps by. I of course immediately thought "Hey, a dove...no wait, it's not fat enough...and not those stupid seagulls that are this far inland for who knows what reason...pretty though." It was pretty. and it's gorgeous today, with the texas sky that I've only seen in texas (that sounds stupid I know, but you can see texas skies in NC, and NC skies in boston). The clear blue, not ONE single cloud in sight, only bright blue as far as the eye can see. so pretty. add some lucious green trees as a border, and throw a flapping sparkly white bird in the midst, and you have a wonderful, color-blinding picture. Oh, and the snap dragons are starting to poke their heads out.

Yea, so, my left knee was better today, I'd say fixed. But, I take a few steps and *bam* lightning hits my lower back. See, when one thing fixes itself, something else has the urge to break. I'm always broken!? ack, bad body! So, I struggle through my walk, b/c I'm determined to do it (and hoping it would stretch my back out, which it didn't). I got asked a few times if I was ok, since I was lying on the path attempting to stretch my back out. It's embarrassing when a 70 yr old man going fast than a jog, but slower than a run, passes you 2 times, and keeps going. When pregnant women with strollers waddle past you. Yea, so by the end, I've got pain in my back and all the way down my RIGHT leg to my calf/ankle. but hey, it's not my left leg so I can still shift, right? right? right :)

In other highlights, I showered this morning. And I watched both spiderman movies, the Village, the Others, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Alien, Aliens, as well as some extra features. I had a busy night :)

I think I might go watch another...

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com