Wednesday, April 06, 2005

spring storms!

yay, had our first spring boomer yesterday! I was pissed though, it was cloudy all day, and then it got darker and darker. and then I hear all this harsh clattering, and we've got marble sized hail! ack, and all the undercover parking was taken, so I ran out and parked under a tree (yes, I was informed later that I might consider tree branches falling). so anyway, hail continued on and off for about an hour. pretty strong winds. we were in a tornado watch from about late 4pm until 9pm, but no tornadoes. it was fun. storms are nice (as long as they don't hurt my car baby).
then the power started flickering so I decided no electronics at that point, and layed down for a nap...which ended up lasting about 6 hours, at which point I crawled to my bed.

crap, I was gonna write some wacky dreams I had, but I can't remember them now, I hate it when that happens.

oh, I had another weird encounter with another 40+ yr old man at a restaurant yesterday...why does this ALWAYS happen to me? He wasn't skanky though, just curious. I treated myself to sushi, since I had wanted it from before my back whacked itself. so I eat my sushi and all is good in the world. he sits down when I'm finishing up and orders. then I get dessert. sasadango (like mochi). it's rice cake (really sticky) that's green (I think it's green tea flavored), and inside is a bunch of red bean, or azuki (it's sorta the Japanese equivalent of chocolate? I guess...it's an aquired taste, but I love it!), and it's all wrapped up in banana leaves. anyway, I unwrap it and start attempting to cut it with a pointy stick (which is almost impossible, since it's so sticky, takes forever to eat. obviously I'm a stupid gaijin who doesn't know how to handle the pointy stick!) lol. anyway, the dude looks over and asks "what IS that?" so I tell him what I just typed above, about azuki. so I cut him off the first taste (man, he doesn't know how lucky he is...first taste is an honor! that I usually take for myself! mwauahah), and he's says "oh, I shouldn't..." and then smiles sheepishly and reaches over and takes it. and says "wow, that's really interesting." so then he goes on chatting about the best sushi he's ever had was in hong kong, yadda yadda yadda. so I finish up and whisk outta there :) I need to start taking books or wear headphones to restaurants so older men will leave me alone. geez, I could start getting a complex. lol

~Isabo

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com