Sunday, October 30, 2005

Mom...is (will be) a bad patient >_<

So, on the 2nd, mom is going in for uber surgery. Dad arrives tomorrow evening, and will stay a week or 2. They will probably keep her in hospital for 6 days or so, then she'll come home...and be a horrible patient. Let's review a few recent events to prove how...ignorant...and...stubborn...she can be:

1. in march, she slipped on the ice and whacked her wrist against a building...pain. lots of pain. What does she do? nothing...ends up, 2 months later, when she finally goes to doctor, that she fractured it. because she was a dumb ass (excuse me mom), she now has a bone spur/bad healing spot, which is still basically a fractured and painful and semi-useless wrist. She has a brace to wear. She choses not to, then goes and does stupid things...like vacuuming o_O

2. sometime over the summer she "broke" her small toe (she thought). taped it together and waddled around for a while. It didn't stop hurting. She ignored it for who knows how long. Come to find out, she tore a ligament in her foot and is basically screwed. So they give her a bledsoe boot to use. which she doesn't really use...if you have a broken leg and they give you crutches...you use them, right? So why doesn't she use the boot in a more reasonable fashion (aka actually wear the damn thing when I'm not on her case??) o_O

3. stubborn as a jack ass...as the saying goes. I think she gets it from her mother and her father. gma is psycho stubborn. She wants to come visit at thanksgiving...let's not talk about that >_< back to mom: stubborn, independent, willfull, ambitious...these qualities are not bad...unless you're in a situation where you need to be taken care of >_<

So it will be interesting. I expect many "no, I can do this..." "leave me alone" "NO" ...meanwhile hurting herself when she could easily ask for assistance. Yes, I know it's important not to get dependent on help, not to become a useless invalid, not to expect people to do things for you, not to use and abuse your body in a healthy way so it can fully repair itself. But she goes a little overboard. So this might be interesting.

And yes mom, I call you bad names, you call me bad names...sometimes you get on my last nerve (which is frayed to the extreme as it is)...sometimes I really don't like you (or like myself being around you)...but I still love you and care for you and like you and adore you and need you and want you (no, not in the oedipus/elektra way o_O). it's like in home for the holidays..."you're a pain in the ass, you have bad hair, but I really like you..." except your hair isn't that bad :P Anyway, I have, and will, bitch and moan about you, but remember I love you :)

Cheers,
Isabo

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com