Saturday, October 30, 2004

Chasing the Storm

So, friday night, I went to the movie theatre. Only problem was, B's car started flashing the "check engine" light, but I dropped his car off at apt and managed to catch a movie. Saw the Forgotten. It was ok, not what I expected totally, but then again it was what I expected...um, yea, I love contradictions ;) Anyway, during the movie, there was this huge roar that could be heard over the movie sound, and I later figured out it had rained cats and bulldogs. So, I go driving home, and what's in front of me??

I look over my head, and it's dark night sky with visible clouds. I look ahead, and I can actually SEE the line of the storm system moving away. I could clearly see the edges of the clouds, and the stars appearing just beyond their border. So beautiful. So then I see all these brilliant purple, blue, white designs (I love the lightening here, it makes such amazing designs in the sky). So then I get this crazy idea and go chasing after the storm. Needless to say I get completely lost in the middle of nowhere. Had to pee in some farmer's field b/c there was no place open at that time of night in the middle of nowhere. But I got much closer to the storm, and I just parked there, in the pitch black of nowhere, and watched the storm for a while. So incredibly beautiful. Of course then I turn around and realize I've got a long drive ahead of me and my eyes are trying to close while driving, not a good combination. Obviously I made it back :)

~Gotta love storms (except that they make me hurt much worse, but I like their violent beauty anyway)

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com