Tuesday, March 08, 2005

no xena & sleeping

I am so bitter. I've been waiting for something. I went to fry's to get Xena today. I've saved up for it. and they didn't have it. I'm heart broken. no stupid tv show to laugh hysterically at and shout "aiaiaiaiaiaiai" and listen to the hilarious commentary (dude, you wanna hear a funny woman, listen to lucy lawless (aka xena)). And yes, I realize I can go out to walmart and get a copy, they probably haven't (sold out or bothered to stock it?).

I got laughed at by an old woman today. I took mom to a dr's appt (she fractured her wrist a month ago and did nothing, crazy woman...) anyway, so I was sitting in the waiting room. And if I sit still for more than 5 minutes, I usually fall asleep (I did this waiting for a rheumatologist up in boston, I read an arthritis magazine that said signs of sleep deprivation, that was one of them. I think it listed 7, and I only got to 4 before falling asleep. the doctor had to come out and get me when I didn't answer the calls to my name). So, I fall asleep today, and jump about a foot off my chair when mom touches me. I always jolt violently when awakened. It doesn't matter if you scream at me, whisper my name, touch me, or what. *touch* *jerk* and my eyes pop wide open and dart wildly around the room, looking for danger :)

ooh, I can tell some funny sleeping stories. I may have mentioned some of these before? I'm too lazy to check.

manky woke me up with tea. she didn't drop it. she DID clang the spoon around on the cup but that isn't what woke me. She said she stirred her tea and looked over, and I started sniffing in my sleep and sat upright and said "ooh! that smells good!" always thinking with my stomach even while sleeping

manky was trying to move a stack (I'm talking 2 feet tall here) of books off her desk. *tilt* the entire pile, tumbles over, and she makes a grab for it and knocks more stuff off her desk *CRASH* does Isabo stir? she does not. manky waits, frozen. Isabo is dead to the world. manky sighs in relief...but then! a single sheet of paper flutters off the desk and touches the floor *jerk* Isabo is awake.

manky & Isabo are sleeping. There is this violent shaking, then shouts, and loud crashing stomping noises, followed by some beeping, and finally the door slamming shut. manky & Isabo are sleeping. door opens, crashing resumes, the rustle of another bed. manky & Isabo are sleeping. It seems there was a fire drill at 8am (that's the middle of the night in manky & Isabo terms), 3rd roomate, loud and obnoxious, tried to wake us and made all that noise (we're not even going there. she is not a topic of discussion. she is nothing to us). we blissfully ignored her and the fire drill. I don't think I ever went out to a fire drill when I was sleeping. They never usually woke me up, and when they did I said I'd rather sleep and burn than bother putting on a coat and walking down stairs. Besides, our dorm was old, and it had a 3 minute burn time. we wouldn't even get downstairs before it burned down. And it was usually kitchen fires (aka stupid girl catches bagel on fire).

Isabo took a required creative writing class first semester of college. Isabo also woke up at 4:30am for crew. Isabo is a night person. Isabo would wake up when manky went to sleep. Isabo would often stay up with manky. Isabo usually got 2-4 hours of sleep. writing class, which Isabo hates, was boring. and it was at 8:30am, right after crew. and Isabo had just porked out on breakfast. Isabo needed her rest. Unfortunately the class was only 12 people, situated at an ovular table. Often times, Isabo would fall asleep, head and arms throw across the table in oblivion...right next to the prof. Isabo would often sleep through her next class, until she mentioned it. After that, last person leaving class would be kind enough to wake Isabo up. Isabo was often shaken awake during class, would answer questions, and fall back asleep. One time Isabo could not be awakened. Name was called 5 times (loudly), physically shaken. when none of this worked, they let her be. Isabo stayed awake for 3 classes the entire semester. Isabo was told she needed to re-think her priorities. Isabo passed with a B+ and felt her priorities were fine. Isabo obviously thought highly of her prof's advice.

Isabo fell asleep while rowing one day. Isabo didn't feel well. But crew buddies in the dorm physically drug her out of bed. Isabo never felt well at 4:30am (Isabo often lied about being "sick"). Today is a mock-race, to learn how to pace ourselves. Isabo falls asleep, is yelled to get her "head up," but coxin (how the hell do you spell that!?) thought coach said "weigh enough" (=stop rowing), we stop. couch is not happy. Isabo is nauseous. couch quickly takes us back to shore and shoves Isabo in the van.

Isabo goes to astronomy class. Isabo forgets to take her backpack down, and simply sits down and immediately puts her head on the table. Isabo wakes up at end of class, with a lake (and I DO mean a LAKE) of drool pooled on the table. Isabo tries to wipe it up, and finally just leaves. Isabo had note from prof "next time you're that sick (I really was that time!), just stay home and sleep" Isabo took her advice.

The bunked bed shakes. manky (on top) looks down to see "what the hell" Isabo is doing. Isabo is sleeping. bed is shaking. Isabo is sleeping. manky goes back to sleep. this was when that earthquake mid continent was felt up north.

Isabo slept through her junior year of highschool. Friends joked that Isabo had narcolepsy. Isabo was just an insomniac (is that news to anyone?). Isabo got on avg 2-4 hrs sleep every night. Isabo slept through all her classes. Luckily Isabo didn't snore. Isabo would jerk upright in econ, laugh hysterically until she cried, stop dead, and put her head back down and sleep. Isabo once fell asleep sitting up with her head tilted back. Isabo choked on her drool and started coughing and hacking, disrupting the entire class. Isabo would always have sweater designs/note-book creases imprinted on her cheeks. Isabo would drool all over the tables and on herself. Isabo once jerked and almost fell out of chair, tipping the desk over and violently and loudly righting it. Isabo put her head down to sleep, it was a computer class. The whole class eventually stopped as more and more people noticed an annoying and continuous squeal "beeeeeep," Isabo's head was holding the keys down on the keyboard. Another time, Isabo jerked and her arm threw the keyboard off the desk. teacher was not happy. Isabo fell asleep for a physics exam. woke up halfway and somehow managed to finish (and pass!). Isabo came home, with a full backpack and 3 huge books held in front of her with her arms. Isabo fell face first on her bed, her shoe-d feet dangling off the side, backpack still on, laying on top of books. Mother's friend was disturbed, mother simply closed bedroom door.

ok, I think that's enough for now. My posts seem to be getting longer and longer. when I first started out they were small paragraphs. now they're novellas. I don't know how that makes me feel...

~Isabo...debating between alcohol and pain meds...a tough decision. alcohol works better but the paybacks are a bitch. pain meds are iffy and paybacks are iffy...storm front coming, better stick to meds...

Weblog Commenting 

and Trackback by HaloScan.com